One very important step anyone can take in their life is creating an estate plan. Estate planning goes a long way to ensure that your wishes are regarded and carried out even while you are deceased or incapable. It also helps ensure that your family and loved ones get the kind of care and assets you want them to receive. To do estate planning, one must consider one’s estate, personal wishes and possible future eventualities, and then create Wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, etc. to address all those issues.
Get help from an estate planning attorney 11507
Today, digitalization enables you to easily download a valid New York will online. This ultimately would save cost. But in the end, you may realize that the estate plan does not perform exactly what you intended because you used wrong language or do not understand the legal terms. It becomes crucial you seek the services of an estate planning attorney near you. If you live around Albertson, NY 11507 and in need of an estate planning attorney, simply call our law office.
Top reasons why you need the services of an estate planning attorney near you 11507
There are several reasons for hiring an estate planning lawyer:
- Making necessary updates to your estate plan: Note that it is not enough to just create an estate plan to dump in your cupboard till death do you part. As estate laws change as they often do yearly, there may be something in your estate plan you may need to revise. You may acquire new assets or lose some, get divorced and go into a new marriage, have more kids, etc. All of these may demand consequent changes to your estate plan since your beneficiary listing would change. If you already have an existing estate plan, your lawyer can revise all the papers to identify points where changes are required.
- Professionally customize your documents: Wills are now downloadable online. You will be told about the requirements for validity, but be aware that you are left on your own to fill in the blanks. But when you involve an attorney, he ensures that the will is professionally established and tailor-made specifically for your estate.
- Designated Beneficiaries: Many people wrongfully believe that wills and trusts ultimately cover all their assets but this is not so. These instruments can only address properties that are in your name only without any beneficiary designation or POD clauses. For example, you may have designated John as the beneficiary of your life insurance while creating it. If you forget that fact and later name Julian as the beneficiary in your will, the former would precede for such a discrepancy. Your estate planning attorney will revise your estate plan, retitle assets and beneficiary designations where necessary and make other recommendations to ensure your estate plan is holistic, coherent and solid.
- Educating you and your family about estate planning and the purpose of each document: Your estate planning attorney will educate you about what estate planning addresses. It is even better to establish a bonding relationship between you and your attorney so that you can always turn to them for questions and solutions in the future. If your family has questions when you become incapacitated, they can always call on your attorney who prepared the documents. When you pass away, he can guide your family and executor through the probate and asset distribution process.
- Peace of mind: One significant downside of going it alone is that due to your unskillfulness in this area, you may run into errors which can prove very costly in the future. In an attempt to save cost, you end up spending more and compromising the happiness of your loved ones when problems arise later due to the error. But having a professional carry out estate planning on your behalf gives you the assurance that your estate plan expresses an exact reflection of your desires. The legal jargon is better understood by the legal professional, and therefore the right choice of words will be employed to ensure your estate accomplishes your goal.
Estate planning attorney near me 11507, Albertson, NY
Our law firm offers esteemed legal services to clients all around New York. If you need to consult an estate planning attorney in Albertson, NY 11507, contact us today.