Estate planning is one of the most important thing to do while you are alive, however troubling it is to think of your death, it is inevitable and you can do nothing about it. Family members loved ones and property would be left behind after your demise, wouldn’t you love to be sure, these assets in your name are properly managed and bequeathed according to your wishes and directives? Sure you would, this can and will be achieved if and if only you work with a professional estate planning attorney.
Who are estate planning attorneys?
Estate planning attorneys otherwise known as probate attorneys are experienced law practitioners with in-depth knowledge and understanding of estate matters. They are trained professionals with years of grooming and experience, in addition to their years of learning, continued legal education and commitment to the processes of estate planning.
Additionally, an estate planning attorney helps you to accurately prepare important documents that oversees the entirety of planning your estate. This attorney proffers solutions and best options to any problem that may arise; all these to ensure your wishes are fulfilled.
Services rendered by an estate planning attorney
- An estate planning attorney helps you inventory your assets, a process of declaring which assets are included in the estate plan and the identifying the ones that are best left out. For example; insurance policies and retirement plan such as the 401(k) don’t need to be included as they pass on to your heirs without the estate plan.
- They help you prepare and implement important documents such as wills, trust, power of attorney etc. in par with the federal and state laws to avoid invalidity.
- They offer due representation in the court of law and also stand as an intermediary between your desires and designated beneficiaries while you are alive even after your demise.
- An estate planning attorney applies the best methods in critical tax evaluation to reduce taxing on your estate.
- If probate should arise, this attorney helps your designated beneficiaries prepare.
- The estate planning attorney also offers legal and personal advices to ensure the overall quality of the estate plan you are looking to create.
Qualities of a good estate planning attorney
- Effective communication skills: an estate planning attorney should be really sound, coherent and articulate. They must be able to convey the most of vital information in the simplest format understandable by the estate owner. In addition, it is essential for courtroom sessions, as they need to argue convincingly.
- Great listening skills: attorneys have to make you comfortable to share intimate information with them, which goes a long way in successfully creating the best estate you deserve
- Research and analytical skills: law practices require absorption and comprehension of massive quantity of data and as such a professional attorney must be able to critically make the most of it by processing them into useful information that helps the estate plan.
- Judgment: decisiveness is also a part of judgment. A professional attorney must be able to draw logical assumptions and conclusions from limited information.
- Perseverance: seeing an estate plan to a successful finish is not a walk in the park, there are bound to be several rough paths. Depending on the complexity of your estate plan, the processes of probate and litigation can become overbearing and as such you’d need an attorney who is able to initiate workable and effective solutions to any dispute that may come up.
- Integrity: this is an essential quality to look out for in your potential estate attorney. Dishonesty and various types of unethical approaches can be uncovered in legal proceedings most times a means to bring the process of planning up to speed or to win a case. These shortcuts when critically accessed can yield serious legal implications. To avoid this mishap it is best you hire an estate planning attorney that cares so much about upholding moral standards and values as much as you do.
An estate planning attorney with these qualities is the right one for you. With all these checked you can get to creating the best estate plan you deserve.
Hire a professional today
Do you reside in Buffalo, New York? Yes! Then get on with making the best estate plan with experienced estate planning attorneys our firm boasts of. Give us a call today and get free consultation, happy planning.